5/23/14

15 months .




Fifteen months. FIFTEEN. For some reason this number suddenly seems so large. How is it that our baby joined our family fifteen months ago? Sure, when he turned one, it was huge. The big 1. But he was still my baby. Fifteen months and this kid is just that, a kid! His personality has developed into something amazing and he truly is his own person. A happy, silly, smart, musically talented (not sure where that came from) person. He has been our biggest blessing and continues to show us that each and every day.

+ weight: Good grief. All I can say is that  I am so glad he walks on his own. When I do have to pick him up I thank the heavens it will only be for a minute. Though, I do not know his exact weight, I'm going to guess close to 38 lbs. 

+ health: Just got over a fever but luckily it was a short one. Other than that, the sunshine has only done good and he is healthy healthy.

+ sleep: He has decided to move his bed time from 7:30 to 9:00 and then wakes up around 7:30. With Kristofer gone, I'm actually glad he's staying up with me. I love the extra company.

+ diet: He is actually getting picky. Shocker, right? He now says no to certain foods and doesn't stay entertained long enough to finish his meals. Too much to play with! But there is always time for "na-na" (bananas) That is what he'll always ask for and if we are in the produce section and he sees them, it will be a constant saying of "na-na, na-na, na-na"
 
+ crying: He doesn't really cry, thank goodness. He is king at whining, though. Usually it's when he's tired or when he gets frustrated that you can't understand him. He's trying to get a point across and he knows you don't understand what he is saying, so his solution is WHINING. 

+ clothes: He's still in 12 months but I tend to put him in 18 months because I'm that mom that doesn't want to shop for new clothes every month. I tend to buy in advance. Doesn't everyone, though?

+ baby gear love: He love, love, love, love, how many is that? 4? okay.  LOVES, stuffed animals. He will beg for one every time he sees them in a store. He has become particularly attached to a white bear Kristofer gave me when we first started dating. The moment he wakes up he heads straight the the bear and repeats "beh, beh" Which I'm guessing means "bear." I've never had a toy I was attached to so I don't quite get it, but I guess I can dig it. It's pretty cute.

+ social: He is SOCIAL. He will smile and everyone and anyone at anyplace. We can't get through any store or park without being stopped by someone wanting to squeeze his cheeks and play. Good thing he's a good sport. All those "grannies" wanting to tell us about their grand kids and squeeze his toes really takes patients. Bless the kid, really. 

+ milestones: Besides FINALLY taking to plunge and walking, it's pretty much everything. He is getting so big and is showing his own little quirks. He loves to make kissy noises at me and fake laugh, just so I'll laugh. He loves to sing Frozen (yes, the movie even got to me 15 mo. old boy). He is getting so big, you guys! Someone make it stop because I obviously can't. 


1 comment:

  1. Awwww!! He is soooooo cute! Love the pics.
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete