3/27/14

Here's to the future


As I'm writing this post I can't help but realize my shaking hands. It's been a whirlwind of a week so far and I know it's only going to get crazier and definitely busier! We got quite a surprise of a call on Monday. Funny how one phone call can change everything.
We got Kristofer's official date of departure for basic training. This is great news and we are so excited but we definitely didn't expect it to be so soon. To be honest, with the way things have been going for us, I was expecting to wait until June or so. I'm probably going to get a lot of "I told you so's" since I was expecting a later date, but I honestly didn't think this phone call would happen! But, it did and here we are, scrambling to get things in order, figure out my schooling schedule with Liam, and mentally gearing ourselves to say goodbye for a while.
Now, what does this mean for our little family? It means Kristofer has A LOT of training for the next two years and Liam and I only have about a year left here in Utah. It is terrifying to think we're only going to see Kristofer a handful of times for a long while, but we are ecstatic that things are finally moving forward and that we are starting the life we have been fighting for, for so long!
I have already been offered so much advice and support, and I thank every single one of you! Keep it coming (!!) because I know I'm going to need all of it. Here's to our future!


No comments:

Post a Comment