8/29/15

Hives Relief Roller Bottle.

I'm allergic to nickel. Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, anything with nickel left on my skin too long gives me hives. Though it's not as bad at it used to be when I was younger (I used to have to put nail polish over my pants buttons) I still have occasional flares. I'm usually pretty good at making sure I don't leave jewelry on too long but last night I forgot to take my necklace off after a wedding. (the prettiest wedding I ever saw, by the way.) And I woke up to a red, itchy, bumpy neck. I've been trying to ignore it for most of the day but about 6:00 pm, it was getting distracting. So, I decided "oils to the rescue!" Here's what I did.

Hives Relief Roller Blend
                                                                                                                                                                  

Ingredients

 5 ML roller bottle
 3 drops peppermint oil
 3 drops lavender oil
 3 drops tea tree (also called Melaleuca Alternifolia)
 V-6 (YL vegetable oil complex)

                                                                                                                                                                   

Directions

  1. add oils to roller bottle and fill the rest of the bottle with V-6.
  2. apply to affected area.





 6:12 pm: I am so itchy! I can't stop scratching, which is the worst feeling. I just mixed up some oil for a roller and applied all over my neck and chest. 

 6:15 pm: I felt instant relief from itching and there is a cooling affect, from the peppermint, I'm sure! 

 6:21 pm: The welts aren't as swollen now. I'm sure it helps that I'm not touching or scratching at them. 

  6:38 pm: What a difference! Redness is almost completely gone and at least 80% of my hives have disappeared! Can't wait to see how they look by later tonight. 


Notes: I'll probably apply more before I go to bed and let it do it's thing over night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment