1/7/13

today's horror story.

Today was full of intentions. I intended to clean the house. I intended to post about the fun projects I've been working on for the baby. I intended to make a delicious dinner. But after the morning I had and how stressed I let myself get, I'm guessing you can see I did none of that. The only thing I could get myself to do was lay down and sleep away the bad mood and self pity I let myself fall into. I had been dreading this DR. appointment since the day I put it my schedule. Glucose test, getting my blood drawn, shot in my hip, plus 2 more shots seems like a lot to a girl with a fear of needles. I woke up feeling a little "off."  I decided to make a little something before I had to down that little orange bottle of terror. At first it wasn't too bad. It tasted like a strong melted orange popcicle, but after getting a few gulps down it seemed to get stronger and stronger. SO much sugar at once. I'm just not used to that! I forced the rest of the bottle down and went on with my morning. After showering and getting ready, all I had to do was put my shoes on and leave. One more step and I was out the door. BAM. No warning, not even a second to realize what was happening. It all came up. It seemed to go everywhere except where it belonged. . . the freaking toilet! I'll leave it at that seeing as though most of you are probably gagging at the thought. I was now 5 minutes late and still cleaning as much as I could. When I finally made it to the office front desk I realized nothing counted. All that forcing myself to swallow that nasty drink, the horrid bathroom incident. . . was for nothing. I still had to get my blood drawn, I still got my hip shot. I now have to go in later this week to get my blood drawn once more and one more shot. My husband keeps saying maybe this morning was a blessing in disguise,  I'm just glad I had him with me today to calm me down and help me realize it's not the end of the world. I'm glad I have someone to snap me out of my drama queen moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment